This sleek, vintage light fixture was manufactured by Electric Service Manufacturing Co. of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1941. The lights were designed to be mounted in rows above the heads of rail car passengers. The lens is constructed of thick opaque milk glass with a translucent center. The back plate of the fixture shows the manufacturer's keystone logo and model number "HS80558". The lens swings open on a sturdy hinge for bulb replacement. The Patent Pending number of "2,249,357" is marked inside the housing of the unit.
Measurements: 11.5" L x 5 1/8" W x 3.5" D. Depth of protrusion from wall when installed: 1.5"
Weight: 2 lb.
Condition: The light is in very good condition, showing surface pitting of the chrome frame and housing, no chips, cracks or repairs to the lens. Untested.