The entryway will fit in an opening measuring 80" wide, 115-1/8" tall and 7-3/8" deep. The door measures 38 3/8"(W) x 85 1/8"(H) with a glass measuring 24 1/4"(W) x 35 1/2"(H).
Decorative Detail: The door has a beautiful carved filigree above a shield ornament on the lower molded panel on one side, and a simple molded panel on the reverse. Dentil molding runs along the header of one side of the entry above simple pilaster-like components along the sidelights. Ornate plaster capital appliques occupy the space between the header and the tops of the pilasters on the white side of the door. The applique from the right side of the door is missing. The opposing side of the entryway has simple stained oak molding with egg and dart detailing running along the edges.
Hardware Detail: The door is equipped with ball hinges and a vintage Russwin closer on one side, with a small metal pull handle. No locks or latches are equipped to the door.
Finish Detail: One side of the piece is painted white, while the opposing side is coated in oak molding with dark stain.
Window Detail: The beveled glass sidelights and transom are comprised of very thick glass with sturdy came. The glass in the sidelights measures 6 1/4"(W) x 61 1/4"(H) and each feature shield motifs against a diamond pattern background. The transom glass measures 72 1/2"(W) x 11 3/4"(H) and features a four-pointed star centered between lovely geometric patterns.
Condition: This entryway is in good salvaged condition. The case molding is mostly intact with exception of the vertical pieces that flank the transom on both sides. The panels below both sidelights are missing on the stained side, in addition to broken molding present above the sidelights. The sills below the sidelights of the white side of the entry are both broken, one is still intact, while the other is missing. scuffing, scratching and general wear and tear consistent with use over an extended period is present throughout the piece.
History: This entry was salvaged from the late 1800's mansion known as the historic Galloway House in Jamestown, New York. The estate was designed by Carl C. Pedersen, a Danish-American architect who moved to Jamestown in 1871 and designed furniture for years before becoming the architect of choice for many of Jamestown's elite institutions and individuals.
This house was built for the Pennsylvania oil tycoon, John Galloway. The Galloway’s daughter, Grace, was a talented singer who regularly played at Chautauqua Institution and died in 1898 at the age of 27. Her father commissioned a statue in Grace’s memory, now known as the "Lady in Glass".
The property was acquired by the local Moose Lodge Chapter in 1932, and later incorporated multiple additions to the grand structure. This building, and items from it, are featured on Season 11, Episode 1, of the DIY Network show, "Salvage Dawgs".
Weight: 700 lbs.
Item Measurements: 80(L) x 10.25(W) x 114(H)